
Well today was the day when I finally had to let "P" know that these games that she has been playing are to stop. This morning when I arrived at work this person was already in a bad mood. No good morning from her, no hello not even a gander in my direction. After finishing with my paper work I called "P" to my office so I can address the issue at hand. I approached with the surprise visit we had from the senior VP's. Her reaction was shocked, she must have know that they were not happy with her appearance. She quickly started to make up a story about how her uniforms were not clean and bla bla bla... I cut her off before she was even able to get on a roll with her barrage of lies.
I said "P" your attitude at the work place has to improve along with your appearance, her face dropped. I then told her that I know about how she and "C" were berating me while I was not present. Her face dropped even more. I could tell she was very upset, her face was bright red, and she was grinding her teeth. I handed her the write up slip and she began to read. I told her the next time she is in this office for poor behavior, she would be either suspended without pay or terminated. She began to tear up, at which point I felt kind of bad but I had to stand my ground and let her know this was not to be tolerated. To my surprise she signed the disciplinary action form without conflict. The sad part about this whole thing is that myself and "P" used to get along. But she became real close with "C" and i believe that C had a real bad influence on her. Either way this is a business and I can not take these things personal. The rest of the day at the parking garage went pretty smoothly, all the staff was were doing their jobs very well. I soon found out that "P" went and told a few people that I wrote her up. All of employees were shocked to hear this. All day people were going beyond the call of duty and executing their jobs flawlessly. I hope this carries on for a while this way I will not have to micromanage these people as I do now.
I said "P" your attitude at the work place has to improve along with your appearance, her face dropped. I then told her that I know about how she and "C" were berating me while I was not present. Her face dropped even more. I could tell she was very upset, her face was bright red, and she was grinding her teeth. I handed her the write up slip and she began to read. I told her the next time she is in this office for poor behavior, she would be either suspended without pay or terminated. She began to tear up, at which point I felt kind of bad but I had to stand my ground and let her know this was not to be tolerated. To my surprise she signed the disciplinary action form without conflict. The sad part about this whole thing is that myself and "P" used to get along. But she became real close with "C" and i believe that C had a real bad influence on her. Either way this is a business and I can not take these things personal. The rest of the day at the parking garage went pretty smoothly, all the staff was were doing their jobs very well. I soon found out that "P" went and told a few people that I wrote her up. All of employees were shocked to hear this. All day people were going beyond the call of duty and executing their jobs flawlessly. I hope this carries on for a while this way I will not have to micromanage these people as I do now.

No comments:
Post a Comment